I love Yonge-Dundas Square/Toronto Life Centre.
S and I headed over to the Futureshop located on Yonge Street (just north of Dundas) to check out their super duper crazy exciting customer appreciation day deals. Didn’t find anything that crazy or exciting actually. I was really hoping that they had some kind of special on this DSLR I’m looking into getting for the family (just in time for wedding preps) but no deal. They did have a 500gb hard drive and a 1tb hard drive that looked so tempting (I LOVE all things storage) but had to remind myself (repeatedly) that I had enough of it at home (and no computer to speak of).
Speaking of computers, every time I would wander into the laptop/Apple computer section of the store, I would be hounded by numerous salespeople looking to “help” me out. That’s great and all, but leave a girl alone! I just wanna play on the shiny machines before making a decision on something. The ratio of employees to customers who wanted to be helped was skewed!
After spending a little bit of time there, we headed to Dundas Square to wait for D so we could go catch a movie at the AMC. I absolutely love love love Dundas Square. Just sitting there and observing the hundreds of people who pass through it is soothing and relaxing. The multicultural mix of people all coming together seems a bit surreal. I think it’s wonderful to have the opportunity to just go sit in a public space and enjoy being without having to worry about explaining your actions or thoughts to anyone. For all the daydreaming I’ve been doing about moving to a small, remote community (preferably in the north) I sure do love being in a large city where you are just one of a few million, where you blend into the sidelines and remain a quiet bystander watching the world pass or you can meet hundreds of people every day, all with interesting tales to tell.
So we hung out there until D showed up and then headed to AMC to watch Post Grad. One word. AWFUL. That movie had all the elements of a somewhat pleasing romantic comedy: cute leads, interesting premise, and a dribbling of humour. What it lacked was good acting (Alexis Bledel, how can you suck that much?), direction, and originality. It seems the crew wanted to squish as much as they could into this movie and failed to build any one theme properly. I would definitely not recommend anyone watch that, be it in the theatre, your home or a horrid version on the internet. That is 1 hour and 45 minutes of my life that have been wasted with no redeeming factor (okay fine – Zach Gilford mmm).
Following the movie, S and I headed to Doner or Doner Kabob House (don’t know if that’s the official name). It’s on Yonge Street, just south of Gerrard Street next to the Big Slice. This place has the best chicken and rice with garlic sauce combo you will find in downtown Toronto. Their hot sauce is pretty awesome too, but be ready for some heartburn if you aren’t used to it. I love the family that runs it, always cheerful and who always remember my order. The lady often asks me about my: day/mom/work/school. It’s a staple in my diet, and one of the things I’m going to miss most about living in the heart of the city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment