Saturday, August 22, 2009

Box 1 and 2

I'm dreading the move out of downtown.

So I was able to pack one large tote box of clothes and a small cardboard box of personal books and DVDs to bring home yesterday. It was pretty sad packing everything and moving the stuff back home, to say the very least. S and I were both feeling kinda down about the prospect of packing up everything else in the next two weeks and moving it all back home. Sigh. I'm going to miss living in downtown.

On another note, S and I went down to Gerrard Street (Toronto's India Bazaar) with AB and an few out of towners last night. We decided to eat at Lahore Tikkah House (why we still go there is beyond me) and were coaxed into trying their new Ribs. One word. Awful. I ended up spitting out most of the meat because it had been overcooked. On the plus side, the side of potatoes that came with it were pretty yummy.

After having dinner, the five of us decided to walk around for a bit and were able to catch the end of a street festival happening there. Yesterday was a group of singers (may have been Rajasthani) accompanied by a female dancer who entertained with traditional songs and dances. The girl danced first with multiple clay pots on her head (or Matkas), balanced later on nails, and then performed the cobra dance. Pretty fun to watch. The whole week is supposed to have interesting live events for the people of Toronto to enjoy (check out the details at: http://www.festivalofsouthasia.com/schedules.html)

Finally, Ramadan Kareem to all those Muslims celebrating the start of the holy month of fasting today. Hope it's a good and safe one for all those partaking in it =)

No comments: