Thursday, October 29, 2009

All good things come to an end, our good times ended a long time ago

Main Entry: friendship
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: companionship
Synonyms: accord, acquaintanceship, affection, affinity, agreement, alliance, amiability, amicability, amity, association, attachment, attraction, benevolence, closeness, coalition, comity, company, concord, consideration, consonance, devotion, empathy, esteem, familiarity, favor, favoritism, fondness, friendliness, fusion, good will, harmony, intimacy, league, love, pact, partiality, rapport, regard, sociability, society, sodality, solidarity, understanding

Antonyms: enmity, hate, hatred

I ran into a recent acquaintance last night and the topic of severed friendships came up. We have both attempted to salvage a relationship with a particular person but have both more or less given up. I think to others who are close to situation, it appears as though I simply don’t care anymore and am being hateful by giving up; I disagree. I see how venomous I can become and would rather remove any element that would enable me to act in such a way from my social surrounding. I do not want to be spiteful, and if I continue my relationship with this person, I would undoubtedly become more aggressive (more so than I am already haha).

J. K. Rowling wrote Sirius Black as saying: "We've got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." I know who I want to be and I am not going to get there without making changes.

No comments: